Connect to Costco seamlessly and efficiently with Cleo
Cleo's cloud-based integration platform makes it easy to connect to Costco and other trading partners, regardless of their size or technical capabilities. We provide everything you need to get started, including a web-based translator, network services, and support.
✓ Automate your order-to-cash and procure-to-pay processes
✓ Gain real-time visibility into your inventory and shipments
✓ Reduce errors and improve data accuracy
✓ Cut your total cost of ownership
Effortlessly integrate your back-office systems with Costco
Cleo offers pre-built connectors to leading ERP, TMS, and WMS systems, making it easy to connect your back-end systems to Costco.
Creating complete, end-to-end B2B integration flows to any back-office system will streamline your operations and help you to better manage your orders, inventory, and shipments.
Learn about popular connectors:
Why Trust Cleo with Your Costco Connection?
Leverage Cleo’s robust trading partner network, extensive support, and countless connection options with a leading integration platform
Achieve EDI compliance, no expertise required
Attain EDI compliance for all orders and supporting documents for every trading partner.
Accelerate onboarding and time-to-value
Onboard new business partners faster with pre-built integrations, connectors, and recyclable templates.
Eliminate EDI order chargebacks and fines
End-to-end visibility for your transactions and integrations gives you control over every issue.
Gain real-time visibility and fast error resolution
Resolve B2B transaction errors before they become business problems.
We Support All Common EDI Documents for Costco Including:
Invoices (810): Suppliers submit invoices to Costco to request payment for goods that have been shipped. Invoices must include information such as the purchase order number, item number, quantity, and unit price.
Credit/Debit Adjustment (812): Costco uses Credit/Debit Adjustment documents to correct pricing errors, quantity discrepancies, or other issues that affect the payment due to a supplier. These adjustments may be initiated by either Costco or the supplier.
Payment Order/Remittance Advice (820): Costco employs Payment Order/Remittance Advice documents to electronically transfer payments to its suppliers for goods and services received. These documents provide detailed information about the payment, including the invoice number, payment amount, payment date, and any deductions or discounts applied.
Application Advice (824): Suppliers use Application Advice documents to inform Costco which invoices they have applied payments to. This helps Costco reconcile its accounts receivable and ensure that payments are accurately applied to the correct invoices.
Inventory Inquiry/Advice (846): Costco uses Inventory Inquiry/Advice documents to exchange real-time inventory information with its suppliers. This includes data such as item availability, on-hand quantities, and expected lead times. Suppliers use this information to plan their production and shipments effectively.
Purchase Orders (850): Costco uses purchase orders to communicate their orders to suppliers. Purchase orders include information such as the item number, quantity, unit price, and delivery date.
Advance Ship Notices (856): Suppliers submit advance ship notices to Costco to notify them of upcoming shipments. Advance ship notices include information such as the shipment date, carrier, tracking number, and items included in the shipment.
Purchase Order Change/Cancel (860): Costco and its suppliers use Purchase Order Change/Cancel documents to modify or cancel existing purchase orders. These changes may be due to product availability issues, pricing adjustments, or changes in Costco's requirements.
Avoid Costly Chargebacks with Costco
Some of the most common chargebacks that companies experience when doing business with Costco include:
EDI errors: Costco has strict EDI requirements, and any errors in EDI transactions can lead to chargebacks. Common EDI errors include:
Invalid data formats
Missing or incomplete data
Late shipments: Costco requires suppliers to meet its shipping deadlines, and late shipments can also result in chargebacks. Late shipments can be caused by a variety of factors, such as:
Incorrect shipping information
Incorrect or incomplete data: All data submitted to Costco must be accurate and complete, or the supplier may face chargebacks. Common examples of incorrect or incomplete data include:
Incorrect product codes
Incorrect pricing information
Incorrect shipping information
Missing product descriptions
Product quality issues: Costco expects its suppliers to provide high-quality products, and any product quality issues can lead to chargebacks. Common product quality issues include:
Pricing discrepancies: Costco has strict pricing requirements, and any discrepancies between the agreed-upon price and the actual price charged can result in chargebacks.
How Cleo Integration Cloud Can Help Eliminate Chargebacks with Costco
Cleo Integration Cloud can help companies eliminate chargebacks with Costco by automating the exchange of EDI transactions and API interactions, validating all transactions and interactions before they are submitted, and providing real-time visibility into the status of transactions and interactions.
- Automation: Cleo Integration Cloud can automate the exchange of EDI transactions and API interactions with Costco, eliminating the risk of human error.
- Validation: Cleo Integration Cloud can validate all transactions and interactions before they are submitted to Costco, ensuring that they meet Costco's strict requirements.
- Visibility: Cleo Integration Cloud provides businesses with real-time visibility into the status of their transactions and interactions, so that they can identify and resolve any issues quickly and efficiently.
By using Cleo Integration Cloud, companies can reduce the risk of chargebacks and improve their bottom line.
How API Integration Can Boost Your Business with Costco
API integration can play a significant role in doing business with Costco by providing a more efficient and flexible way to exchange data. Costco offers a variety of APIs that businesses can use to automate tasks such as:
- Placing orders
- Receiving purchase orders
- Submitting shipping notifications
- Sending invoices
- Tracking shipments
- Managing inventory
- Updating product information
- Processing returns and exchanges
- Resolving customer issues
By integrating with Costco's APIs, businesses can reduce their reliance on EDI, improve the efficiency and accuracy of their business processes, and gain a competitive edge.
Here are some specific examples of how API integration can benefit businesses that do business with Costco:
- A logistics provider can integrate with Costco's APIs to automate the process of placing and receiving purchase orders, submitting shipping notifications, and tracking shipments. This can help to reduce manual errors and improve the efficiency of the logistics process.
- A manufacturer can integrate with Costco's APIs to automate the process of updating product information, such as pricing, availability, and specifications. This can help to ensure that Costco's website and other systems have accurate product information at all times.
- A wholesaler can integrate with Costco's APIs to automate the process of processing returns and exchanges. This can help to improve the customer experience and reduce the amount of time that it takes to resolve return and exchange issues.
Overall, API integration can help businesses that do business with Costco to improve their efficiency, accuracy, and customer service.
Achieve API Integration with Cleo Integration Cloud
Cleo Integration Cloud is a comprehensive API integration platform that can help businesses of all sizes to integrate with Costco's APIs. Cleo Integration Cloud offers a variety of features and benefits, including:
- Pre-built connectors for Costco's APIs: Cleo Integration Cloud offers pre-built connectors for Costco's APIs, which makes it easy and quick to get started with API integration.
- A user-friendly interface: Cleo Integration Cloud has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to configure and manage API integrations.
- Robust security and compliance features: Cleo Integration Cloud offers robust security and compliance features to help businesses protect their data and meet industry regulations.
If you are a business that does business with Costco, Cleo Integration Cloud can help you to integrate with Costco's APIs and improve your efficiency, accuracy, customer service, and profitability.
"We use Cleo Integration Cloud to manage all of our EDI,
which is the lifeblood of our supply chain operations."
Deliver on your commitments to Costco with confidence
Automate integrations into your back-office application so that you can achieve compliance, eliminate chargebacks, gain EDI + API visibility, and accelerate time-to-value.
Kickstart your connection with Costco
We can handle your unique EDI, non-EDI and API integration needs.
Please provide some information so we can connect you with the right Cleo team member.