SAP CRM & EDI Integration.
Powered by Cleo.
SAP is the leading enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, enabling key functions for enterprises to streamline processes across procurement, manufacturing, service, sales, finance, and HR.
Cleo's SAP EDI adaptor connects & integrates SAP with your EDI/B2B processes to keep data aligned between front-end and back-end systems. With Cleo, we can walk you through the SAP EDI set-up process. Create your SAP EDI configuration today!Contact Us
Connect and integrate your SAP data today
With application integration from the Cleo Integration Cloud, you can easily connect SAP EDI solution to enable:
- Seamless integration with your ERP, CRM, EDI, and fulfillment systems
- Secure data handoff to enterprise applications and systems for storage and analysis
- Drive business intelligence and optimize operational outcomes
SAP EDI Transactions
When doing starting your SAP EDI configuration process, it is important to understand that the SAP EDI architecture consists of 3 components:
1. SAP Applications - ERP, Finance, Supplier Management, etc.
2. IDoc Interface - The IDoc open interface is used as a data container to exchange data between SAP applications and your EDI subsystem. Because SAP applications are configured to ingest IDocs, all inbound and outbound EDI messages must be converted into the IDoc format if the message is intended to be processed within an SAP environment.
3. EDI subsystem - The EDI subsystem translates the IDoc types into EDI message types and then sends or receives those EDI documents to or from an EDI trading partner. It is IMPORTANT to note that this component of the SAP EDI architecture is not provided by SAP and must be purchased via a third-party platform.
Most Common SAP EDI Transactions
To do SAP EDI, you will need to be able to process the following EDI transactions:
EDI 831: Application Control Totals
EDI 836: Procurement Notices
EDI 838: Trading Partner Profile
EDI 839: Project Cost Reporting
EDI 841: Specifications/Technical Information
EDI 842: Nonconformance Report
EDI 843: Response to Request for Quotation
EDI 848: Material Safety Data Sheet
EDI 849: Response to Product Transfer Account Adjustment
EDI 864: Text Message
EDI 888: Item Maintenance
EDI 893: Item Information Request
EDI 894: Delivery/Return Base Record
EDI 895: Delivery/Return Acknowledgment or Adjustment
EDI 896: Product Dimension Maintenance
EDI 980: Functional Group Totals
EDI 999: Implementation Acknowledgment
How it works...
Integrate SAP for digitally fluid end-to-end business processes
Integrate SAP with trading partners, SaaS and on-premise applications, enabling all business data flows
Slash time-to-value by reducing onboarding effort and complexity
EDI integration for SAP
Cleo’s application integration connector for SAP provides complete, configurable integration processes and interchange for X12 EDI between external trading partners and your SAP system, and facilitating iDoc data and file structures. EDI integration includes the following transaction sets, and more:
|#||EDI Transaction||File Definitions / Direction|
|1||810/880 Invoice||INVOIC O2 – OUT|
|2||850 Purchase Order||ORDERS 05 – IN|
|3||856 Advance Ship Notice||DESAV - OUT|
What else you can do with the Cleo SAP connector
The Cleo SAP application integration connector delivers reliable SAP iDoc integration, including metadata import. Integrate SAP and your business-critical systems, providing a complete and unified view into customer engagement and business data throughout all business processes.
- Add/Create/Update /Delete account information
- Add/Create/Update /Delete contact/customer/employee information
- Add/Create/Update /Delete budget information
- Add/Create/Update /Delete bill information
- Add/Create/Update /Delete opportunity information
- Add/Create/Update /Delete credit memos
- Add/Create/Update /Delete expenses
- Add/Create/Update /Delete invoices
- Add/Create/Update /Delete orders
- And much more!
To achieve agility and experience maximum value, multiple integration approaches may be necessary, including file-based, application, message-based, service-centric, on-premises, and cloud.
Sharing information between your front-end CRM solution like Salesforce and a back-end ERP solution like SAP provides added value for an organization. With Cleo Integration Cloud’s Salesforce-SAP integration, you can sync data between your SAP application and Salesforce CRM and leverage comprehensive customer views that drive new revenue models.
Explore additional connectors
(Select filter below)
A Pathfinder paper navigates decision-makers through the issues surrounding a specific technology or business case, and recommends the range of considerations and concrete next steps in the decision-making process.