SAP CRM & EDI Integration
SAP is the leading enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, enabling key functions for enterprises to streamline processes across procurement, manufacturing, service, sales, finance, and HR.
Cleo's SAP EDI adaptor connects & integrates SAP with your EDI/B2B processes to keep data aligned between front-end and back-end systems. Have specific questions? No problem - we can walk you through the SAP EDI set-up process. Create your SAP EDI configuration today!
SAP EDI Transactions
When starting your SAP EDI configuration process, it is important to understand that the SAP EDI architecture consists of 3 components:
1. SAP Applications - ERP, Finance, Supplier Management, etc.
2. IDoc Interface - The IDoc open interface is used as a data container to exchange data between SAP applications and your EDI subsystem. Because SAP applications are configured to ingest IDocs, all inbound and outbound EDI messages must be converted into the IDoc format if the message is intended to be processed within an SAP environment.
3. EDI subsystem - The EDI subsystem translates the IDoc types into EDI message types and then sends or receives those EDI documents to or from an EDI trading partner. It is IMPORTANT to note that this component of the SAP EDI architecture is not provided by SAP and must be purchased via a third-party platform.
Most Common SAP EDI Transactions
To do SAP EDI, you will need to be able to process the following EDI transactions:
- EDI 820: Payment Order/Remittance Advice
- EDI 831: Application Control Totals
- EDI 832: Price/Sales Catalog
- EDI 836: Procurement Notices
- EDI 838: Trading Partner Profile
- EDI 839: Project Cost Reporting
- EDI 840: Request for Quotation
- EDI 841: Specifications/Technical Information
- EDI 842: Nonconformance Report
- EDI 843: Response to Request for Quotation
- EDI 845: Price Authorization Acknowledgment/Status
- EDI 846: Inventory Inquiry/Advice
- EDI 847: Material Claim
- EDI 848: Material Safety Data Sheet
- EDI 849: Response to Product Transfer Account Adjustment
- EDI 850: Purchase Order
- EDI 851: Asset Schedule
- EDI 852: Product Activity Data
- EDI 853: Routing and Carrier Instruction
- EDI 855: Purchase Order Acknowledgment
- EDI 856: Ship Notice/Manifest
- EDI 857: Shipment and Billing Notice
- EDI 860: Purchase Order Change Request: Buyer Initiated
- EDI 861: Receiving Advice/Acceptance Certificate
- EDI 862: Shipping Schedule
- EDI 863: Report of Test Results
- EDI 864: Text Message
- EDI 865: Purchase Order Change Acknowledgment/Request: Seller Initiated
- EDI 866: Production Sequence
- EDI 867: Product Transfer and Resale Report
- EDI 869: Order Status Inquiry
- EDI 870: Order Status Report
- EDI 888: Item Maintenance
- EDI 893: Item Information Request
- EDI 894: Delivery/Return Base Record
- EDI 895: Delivery/Return Acknowledgment or Adjustment
- EDI 896: Product Dimension Maintenance
- EDI 940: Warehouse Shipping Order
- EDI 943: Warehouse Stock Transfer Shipment Advice
- EDI 944: Warehouse Stock Transfer Receipt Advice
- EDI 945: Warehouse Shipping Advice
- EDI 947: Warehouse Inventory Adjustment Advice
- EDI 980: Functional Group Totals
- EDI 997: Functional Acknowledgment
- EDI 998: Set Cancellation
- EDI 999: Implementation Acknowledgment
Connect and integrate your SAP data today
With application integration from the Cleo Integration Cloud, you can easily connect SAP EDI solution to enable:
- Seamless integration with your ERP, CRM, EDI, and fulfillment systems
- Secure data handoff to enterprise applications and systems for storage and analysis
- Business intelligence and the ability to optimize operational outcomes
How it works...
Integrate SAP for digitally fluid end-to-end business processes
Integrate SAP with trading partners, SaaS and on-premise applications, enabling all business data flows
Slash time-to-value by reducing onboarding effort and complexity
EDI integration for SAP
Cleo’s application integration connector for SAP provides complete, configurable integration processes and interchange for X12 EDI between external trading partners and your SAP system, and facilitating iDoc data and file structures. EDI integration includes the following transaction sets, and more:
|#||EDI Transaction||File Definitions / Direction|
|1||810/880 Invoice||INVOIC O2 – OUT|
|2||850 Purchase Order||ORDERS 05 – IN|
|3||856 Advance Ship Notice||DESAV - OUT|
What else you can do with the Cleo SAP connector
The Cleo SAP application integration connector delivers reliable SAP iDoc integration, including metadata import. Integrate SAP and your business-critical systems, providing a complete and unified view into customer engagement and business data throughout all business processes.
- Add/Create/Update /Delete account information
- Add/Create/Update /Delete contact/customer/employee information
- Add/Create/Update /Delete budget information
- Add/Create/Update /Delete bill information
- Add/Create/Update /Delete opportunity information
- Add/Create/Update /Delete credit memos
- Add/Create/Update /Delete expenses
- Add/Create/Update /Delete invoices
- Add/Create/Update /Delete orders
- And much more!
Want to learn more?
Watch a demo.
Discover all the ways our ecosystem integration platform can help you tackle B2B eCommerce solutions head-on, and learn how you could get started.
“It doesn’t matter if I'm using Shopify as my eCommerce platform, or if I'm using Netsuite, or I’m using EDI with my customers, and it doesn’t matter what ERP I’m using . . . With Cleo Integration Cloud we were able to deliver everything faster to our customers.”
Sharing information between your front-end CRM solution like Salesforce and a back-end ERP solution like SAP provides added value for an organization. With Cleo Integration Cloud’s Salesforce-SAP integration, you can sync data between your SAP application and Salesforce CRM and leverage comprehensive customer views that drive new revenue models.
Explore additional connectors
(Select filter below)