Managed File Transfer (MFT)
Your file transfers do.
Is your file transfer software keeping you from moving data at the speed your business requires? A secure, reliable, and scalable managed file transfer (MFT) solution enables you to quickly connect to internal systems and partner ecosystems, move sensitive data, and govern all exchanges. Modernize your file transfer solution today with proven MFT technology from Cleo.
Robust data movement
How Precoat Metals Enhanced Its Secure File Transfer with Cleo
A steel-coating supplier, Precoat Metals relies on secure MFT and EDI to communicate with manufacturers, because not just any file transfer software will do. Learn how Precoat Metals leverages Cleo to enhance those critical communications and accommodate its customers' various protocol needs.
The push has always been logistics and trading partners. Inventory control, stock management control, distribution, purchase orders/invoicing. That’s what we do with the Cleo Integration Cloud, and Cleo handles all of our supply chain operations. We can handle our entire distribution lifecycle with CIC.
Director of IT, Octapharma
Managed File Transfer to Connect Your Ecosystem
Ecosystem integration combines secure file transfer technologies into a single software platform, enabling frictionless batch and real-time dataflows. Use Managed File Transfer technology to connect to internal and external partners. Gain the visibility you need to take action.
Eliminate unmanaged file transfer
- Reduce your reliance on file transfer protocol (FTP) workflows and the risk of data breach and non-compliance
- Consolidate legacy and insecure technologies to ensure data exchanges are secure and auditable
User Review: New Balance
"Cleo ticks all the boxes when it comes to supporting a robust MFT solution for your organization. Best in class support and highly customizable make it a can't miss solution."
Mike Winsdor, EDI Manager | New Balance Athletic Shoe
Extend your file transfer capabilities
- Consolidate, automate, and simplify all file transfers on a single-platform solution
- Leverage capabilities for secure file sharing and large file transfer
Grow and maintain key connections
- Securely and quickly connect to your ecosystem of partners, enterprise systems, and applications
- Gain complete control, governance, visibility, and auditability over all mission-critical dataflows
Data Movement Engine
What if you could implement a secure MFT solution to govern, control, and streamline all your file transfer processes with repeatability and consistency?
Managed File Transfer FAQs:
Managed file transfer software connects to internal systems and your business ecosystem, and moves data quickly while maintaining compliance across all data interactions. An MFT platform with built-in file sharing capabilities reduces the risk of a data breach as well as potential non-compliance of customer SLAs. A few of the capabilities built into a leading MFT solution include:
- Robust data movement: MFT solutions feature an unprecedented depth of protocols and data connectors extend simple file sharing capabilities and enable organizations to facilitate seamless internal and multi-enterprise data flows.
- Consolidation: Enterprises can consolidate all ecosystem, application-to-application, multi-cloud, and other business-oriented file-based integration processes onto a single platform for central control and management.
- Dashboards: Easy-to-use dashboard and visibility tools to track all data flows and access and provide business intelligence to a variety of personnel. Such capabilities also streamline auditing processes for more regulated industries like healthcare and financial services.
- Process automation: An MFT solution that leverages APIs to easily build, transform, and automate integrations as well as programmatic file flows is essential to enabling file-based integration processes between applications and in multi-enterprise B2B patterns within a larger hybrid integration strategy.
1. Lack of Control Over Data
One drawback of most consumer-grade file sharing options is that companies simply do not have the necessary control over their data. When employees go downloading these consumer tools and using them to share with external entities, they are taking business information outside the company’s IT scope, which means it is also out of the IT department’s control for security and integration purposes. Additionally, many companies have run into security breaches because employees use these personal file-sharing tools on work-issued devices, and open up another vulnerability point of your business network.
2. Lack of Visibility into Data Flows
A cloud-based consumer file sharing tool used outside the scope or your IT department hinders comprehensive visibility into companywide information exchanges. Without visibility into business data flows, then, IT personnel cannot adequately track the files entering and leaving the company. This lack of transparency inhibits your organization’s ability to ensure compliance with internal policies or with external mandates and agreements, and it raises risks of penalties, fines, and threats to company credibility.
3. Lax BYOD Policies
Many organizations have established a bring-your-own-device (BYOD) policy, which essentially allows employees to bring their personal devices to use and access on a secure corporate network. But many BYOD policies aren’t properly enforced and can spur numerous security issues for IT when the user mixes business and personal data sharing. Additionally, while BYOD policies tend to save organizations money and the added expense of purchasing new equipment, they also present security risks when devices are stolen, lost, or misused and potentially sensitive data is exposed.
An enterprise-grade file sharing solution provides several key benefits, including:
- Data security, eliminating security gaps and governance challenges with structured access control
- Collaboration, connecting internal and external file sharing and collaborative workflow s
- Auditability, tracking all files that are received by or sent from your organization
- Scalability, to grow and flex with your business
- Advanced encryption for data in motion and at rest
- Structured user authentication
- Advanced logging, reporting, and dashboard tools
- Process automation capabilities
- Virus scanning and data loss prevention (DLP) features
Cleo Integration Cloud features a centralized platform that governs and secures all your managed file transfer and ecosystem messaging needs. With prebuilt connectors that allow you to start transferring files in hours, secure file transfer protocol (secure ftp) support for all your trading partners, and an enterprise-ready secure file sharing application, the Cleo Integration Cloud Platform gives you the complete and total control you need to manage all your important business data flows.
Managed file transfer with Cleo Integration Cloud
Cleo Integration Cloud easily centralizes and governs all managed file transfers moving throughout your business ecosystem. Our advanced MFT software enables the data protection and data security you need for all system-based and ad hoc file transfers.
Set up connections and start transferring files in hours instead of days, or even weeks.
Support all secure protocols required to handle data exchanges with any internal and external system.
Gain real-time visibility, complete control, and governance to help meet all compliance mandates.
Move data, of any size or volume, 3.5x faster than competing solutions.
Deploy on your cloud or the Cleo Cloud platform, with the flexibility to self-manage MFT processes, or have Cleo manage them for you.
How organizations will leverage programmable MFT to improve agility, cloud, scale, response time, governance, and reliability.
The questions you should as vendors before moving ahead with an MFT solution.