An Overview of OFTP/OFTP2
The original version of the Odette File Transfer Protocol was defined in 1986, introduced by ODETTE International for EDI data exchange across the auto industry in Europe.
In 2007, the updated version the Odette file transfer protocol was released, offering enhanced security and compression features over its predecessor
- First introduced by ODETTE International Ltd.
- Most prolific protocol inside Europe for the exchange of EDI data
- Initially designed to work over an X.25 network.
- OFTP2 enhances security via encryption methods and uses digital certificates
- Mandates issued by Volkswagen and Volvo greatly increase the demand and implementation of OFTP2.
- Transport Layer Security (TLS)
- Authentication, receipts, and non-repudiation
- Digital certificates
- File and session level encryption
- Signing (EERP/NERP)
- File compression
- Large File Transfer (Max size of 9PB)
- Checkpoint restart
- Substation mailboxes
- Easy International Exchanges
- Wide Spread Automotive Adoption
- Route Endpoint to Endpoint
Compare OFTP2 and AS2
Industry mandates directing the use of one protocol versus another often arise from the history of implementation, industry use, and market penetration. To illustrate, we’ll compare two advanced protocols:
Compare over 20 secure file transfer protocols
B2B/EDI protocol comparison guide: Compare transport protocols to securely exchange and integrate business ecosystem data within and beyond the enterprise
From cost to control, there are many upsides to switching from using a VAN in your business ecosystem. Learn of four distinct advantages.
The unique requirements of your business ecosystem call for unique data movement and connection capabilities. Get an in-depth view of over 20 integration protocols.
A Pathfinder paper navigates decision-makers through the issues surrounding a specific technology or business case, and recommends the range of considerations and concrete next steps in the decision-making process.
Learn what Cleo can do for you.
Tell us how we can help or contact Sales at
815.282.7695 for immediate assistance.