Easily exchange EDI documents.
Data is the fuel. But for it to energize your business, it has to move. Power your most critical business exchanges and securely connect to your customers, suppliers, and partners via industry-leading OFTP/OFTP2 from Cleo.
An Overview of OFTP/OFTP2
The original version of the Odette File Transfer Protocol was defined in 1986, introduced by ODETTE International for EDI data exchange across the auto industry in Europe.
In 2007, the updated version the Odette file transfer protocol was released, offering enhanced security and compression features over its predecessor
- First introduced by ODETTE International Ltd.
- Most prolific protocol inside Europe for the exchange of EDI data
- Initially designed to work over an X.25 network.
- OFTP2 enhances security via encryption methods and uses digital certificates
- Mandates issued by Volkswagen and Volvo greatly increase the demand and implementation of OFTP2.
The benefits of OFTP/OFTP2
- Transport Layer Security (TLS)
- Authentication, receipts, and non-repudiation
- Digital certificates
- File and session level encryption
- Signing (EERP/NERP)
- File compression
- Large File Transfer (Max size of 9PB)
- Checkpoint restart
- Substation mailboxes
- Easy International Exchanges
- Wide Spread Automotive Adoption
- Route Endpoint to Endpoint
Compare OFTP2 and AS2
Industry mandates directing the use of one protocol versus another often arise from the history of implementation, industry use, and market penetration. To illustrate, we’ll compare two advanced protocols, OFTP2 and AS2:
Compare over 20 secure file transfer protocols
Understanding your current and future file transfer needs will help you to select the best protocols for connectivity and beyond.
Explore additional connectors
(Select filter below)