A Drummond Certified solution for meeting your AS2 software needs.
Easily connect to your trading partners and quickly exchange EDI documents. Cleo AS2 software powers your business exchanges and securely connects to your customers, suppliers, and partners using industry-leading AS2 integration.
Cleo Integration Cloud Express: The Most Trusted AS2 Software
AS2, FTP, SFTP all in one place in the cloud so that you reduce costs, consolidate infrastructure, and improve operations and productivity.
- Automate critical file-based processes with every trading partner
- Reduce manual touchpoints such as rekeying of documents
- Accelerate your cash cycle and eliminate errors
Robust Cloud Protocols
Simplify & Automate your File Transfer Processes
With the introduction of CIC Express, data movement is just a few clicks away. Launch AS2 connections 5x faster than competing solutions on an intuitive browser-based interface.
Want to Learn More about CIC Express?
Discover how you can streamline end-to-end connectivity between your trading partners & internal systems with our award-winning AS2 connector file transfer software.
An Overview of the AS2 Protocol
To enable an AS2 connection you need two computers, a server and a client. Establishing a connection requires that both computers connect to the Internet via a point-to-point connection. In order to transmit the desired data, AS2 creates an ‘envelope’ that mebeds secure transmission via the Internet using a combination of digital certificates and encryption. Want to understand EDI and AS2? This piece will help you learn the answer to questions like "What is AS2 EDI?"
Message Disposition Notification (MDN) is an electronic acknowledgement of the successful reception of an AS2 transfer. MDNs are sent to the sender via AS2 after an electronic message has been sent, confirming that the message has been transmitted completely.
The MDN mainly checks two important events:
- Whether the AS2 transfer was successfully completed
- The message arrived at the desired recipient without change
Here is the 5 step process for establishing an AS2 MDN connection:
- The sender sends an encrypted EDI message with digital signature to the desired recipient
- Transmission of the EDI message over the Internet via AS2 (sending of the message)
- The message is decrypted by the recipient and the digital signature of the sender is verified
- The recipient prepares the requested MDN and applies a digital signature. It is then sent back to the sender
- The sender receives the MDN, verfying the digital signature of the recipient
Global Location Number (GLN) is a 13-digit number that uniquely identifies a company. Many large companies rely on the use of GLN numbers to prevent confusion between companies.
The GLN numbers are assigned by GS1, a central government agency, ensuring that no GLN number is assigned twice.
The AS2 procotol was developed in the U.S. by the Uniform Code Council (UCC). Much of the success of AS2 certification exchange has been seen in America, notably in the retail sector.
A large influence behind the adoption of AS2 was in 2002 when retail giant Walmart mandated its 10,000 suppliers use AS2 EDI to exchange data.
Today, AS2 encryption is used widely across a large number of industries.
Explore additional connectors
(Select filter below)
Ready to Modernize Your B2B Integration?
Tell us how we can help or contact Sales at
815.282.7695 for immediate assistance.