What is AS3?
AS3, or Applicability Statement 3, is a specification by which applications communicate EDI data, or other information such as XML documents, securely over the Internet using the FTP protocol.
The benefits of AS3
• End-to-end data encryption
• SSL encryption and hashing
• Legally prove transaction details
• Confirmations and MDN
• Large file transfer
• Any data type including non-EDI payloads
We applaud Cleo for their continued efforts in maintaining interoperable products for their customers.
A very brief history of AS3
• AS3 was developed by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) to address specific FTP connection problems.
• AS3 is not the successor to AS2 as it offers distinct features
Compare AS3 and FTP
Industry mandates directing the use of one protocol or technology versus another often arise from the history of implementation, industry use, and market penetration. To illustrate, we’ll compare two communications protocols:
FTP does not provide receipt confirmation, but provides slight advantages in terms of message size and speed
AS3 advances over FTP is in non-repudiation with the use of receipts, or Message Disposition Notifications (MDNs) and digital signatures - a way to verify the receipt and identity
Why Choose Cleo as your AS2 service provider?
• Encrypted connections: Ensure non-repudiation and data protection for any standard or industry-specific protocol, such as AS2/SFTP/ebMS - tested by the Drummond Group.
• Compliance made easy: Meet extensive data format standards with sweeping format handling and data translation conforming to international, national, state/provincial, local and industry regulations.
Explore additional connectors
(Select filter below)
A Pathfinder paper navigates decision-makers through the issues surrounding a specific technology or business case, and recommends the range of considerations and concrete next steps in the decision-making process.