Connect Using the AS3 Protocol
Cleo's AS3 integration software powers your business exchanges and securely facilitates data exchanges with your customers, suppliers, and partners. Our deep protocol flexibility enables robust B2B/EDI connection and AS3 integration capabilities, giving your business a competitive advantage.
What is AS3?
AS3, or Applicability Statement 3, is a specification by which applications communicate EDI data, or other information such as XML documents, securely over the Internet using the FTP protocol. It was developed by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) to address specific FTP connection problems.
AS3 is not the successor to AS2, as it offers distinct features.
The benefits of AS3
• End-to-end data encryption
• SSL encryption and hashing
• Legally prove transaction details
• Confirmations and MDN
• Large file transfer
• Any data type including non-EDI payloads
Compare AS3 and FTP
Industry mandates directing the use of one protocol or technology versus another often arise from the history of implementation, industry use, and market penetration. To illustrate, we’ll compare two communications protocols:
FTP does not provide receipt confirmation, but provides slight advantages in terms of message size and speed
AS3 advances over FTP is in non-repudiation with the use of receipts, or Message Disposition Notifications (MDNs) and digital signatures - a way to verify the receipt and identity
Why Choose Cleo Integration Cloud for your AS3 integration?
• Encrypted connections: Ensure non-repudiation and data protection for any standard or industry-specific protocol, such as AS3/SFTP/ebMS - tested by the Drummond Group.
• Compliance made easy: Meet extensive data format standards with sweeping format handling and data translation conforming to international, national, state/provincial, local and industry regulations.
Compare over 20 secure file transfer protocols
Understanding your current and future file transfer needs will help you to select the best protocols for connectivity and beyond.
Explore additional connectors
(Select filter below)