What is an EDI 812 Credit/Debit Adjustment Specifications?
EDI 812 is an X12 transaction set that communicates an adjustment to the costs for products or services between retailers or grocers and their vendors, suppliers, and wholesalers.
How is an EDI 812 Credit/Debit Adjustment Specifications used?
An EDI 812 provides the amount and explanation for the difference in the amount being charged from a previously transmitted EDI 810 Invoice or EDI 850 Purchase Order. It can also be used by the buyer to request an adjustment from the supplier.
Common reasons for an adjustment to charges include:
- The item was defective
- The product ordered was not received
- Goods were or are being returned
- The actual total quantity delivered was greater or less than that ordered
- There was an error in the pricing of the item in the original PO or invoice
EDI 812 Specification
This X12 Transaction Set contains the format and establishes the data contents of the Credit/Debit Adjustment Transaction Set (812) for use within the context of an Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) environment. The transaction set can be used to notify a trading partner of an adjustment or billback and may be used to request an adjustment or billback. It identifies and contains the details and amounts covering exceptions, adjustments, credits, or debits for goods or services. This transaction set is multidirectional between trading partners.
Accredited Standards Committee X12. ASC X12 Standard [Table Data]. Data Interchange Standards Association, Inc., Falls Church, VA. https://x12.org/index.php/products/transaction-sets
Modern EDI Services with Cleo
Choose the EDI Services package that best fits your business:
- Create and deploy your own integrations using Cleo's intuitive, self-service design platform.
- Utilize Cleo's EDI managed services team to design and build your integrations.
- Blend our EDI expertise and your business knowledge together in any manner that suits your use case.