What is an EDI 860: Purchase Order Change?
EDI transactions are used by B2B companies in order to communicate with trading partners in order to exchange documents using EDI standards to automate and streamline purchase orders, invoices, acknowledgements, payments, and more. EDI 860 Purchase Order Change Request is used by buyers to request a change to an EDI 850 Purchase Order that they had already submitted. The EDI 860 mapping document can also be utilized by buyers in order to confirm their acceptance of changes to purchase orders that are made by the sellers.
How is an EDI 860: Purchase Order Change used?
An EDI 860 - Purchase Order Change is used by the buyer into ways:
- To request a change to an existing purchase order
- To confirm acceptance of a purchase order change sent by the seller
After the successful reception of an EDI 860: Purchase Order Change, a 997 Functional Acknowledgment is sent back from the buyer to indicate the successful delivery of the EDI 860 document.
Modern EDI Services with Cleo
Choose the EDI Services package that best fits your business:
1. Create and deploy your own integrations using Cleo's intuitive, self-service design platform.
2. Utilize Cleo's EDI managed services team to design and build your integrations.
3. Blend our EDI expertise and your business knowledge together in any manner that suits your use case.