Connect to Kroger seamlessly and efficiently with Cleo
Cleo's cloud-based integration platform makes it easy to connect to Kroger and other trading partners, regardless of their size or technical capabilities. We provide everything you need to get started, including a web-based translator, network services, and support.
✓ Automate your order-to-cash and procure-to-pay processes
✓ Gain real-time visibility into your inventory and shipments
✓ Reduce errors and improve data accuracy
✓ Cut your total cost of ownership
Effortlessly integrate your back-office systems with Kroger
Cleo offers pre-built connectors to leading ERP, TMS, and WMS systems, making it easy to connect your back-end systems to Kroger .
Creating complete, end-to-end B2B integration flows to any back-office system will streamline your operations and help you to better manage your orders, inventory, and shipments.
Learn about popular connectors:
Why Companies Trust Cleo with their Kroger Connection
Leverage Cleo’s robust trading partner network, extensive support, and countless connection options with a leading integration platform
Achieve EDI compliance, no expertise required
Attain EDI compliance for all orders and supporting documents for every trading partner.
Accelerate onboarding and time-to-value
Onboard new business partners faster with pre-built integrations, connectors, and recyclable templates.
Eliminate EDI order chargebacks and fines
End-to-end visibility for your transactions and integrations gives you control over every issue.
Gain real-time visibility and fast error resolution
Resolve B2B transaction errors before they become business problems.
We Support All Common EDI Documents for Kroger Including:
- Invoices (810): Suppliers submit invoices to Kroger to request payment for goods that have been shipped. Invoices must include information such as the purchase order number, item number, quantity, and unit price.
- Credit/Debit Memo Notifications (812): Kroger uses Credit/Debit Memo Notifications to inform suppliers of adjustments to previously transmitted invoices. These adjustments can be due to pricing errors, quantity discrepancies, returns, or other reasons.
- Payment Advice/Remittance (820): Kroger uses Payment Advice/Remittance documents to electronically transfer payment to its suppliers for goods and services received. These documents include information such as the invoice number, payment amount, payment date, and any deductions or discounts applied.
- Application Advice (824): Suppliers use Application Advises to inform Kroger which invoices they have applied payments to. This helps Kroger reconcile its accounts receivable and ensure that payments are accurately applied to the correct invoices.
- Receiving Detail Transaction Set (830): Kroger uses Receiving Detail Transaction Sets to record the receipt of goods from its suppliers. This information includes the purchase order number, item number, quantity received, and date received.
- Inventory Adjustment Advice (832): Kroger uses Inventory Adjustment Advice documents to notify suppliers of changes to its inventory levels. These changes may be due to shrinkage, damage, or other reasons.
- Inventory Receipt Advice (846): Suppliers use Inventory Receipt Advice to notify Kroger of shipments that have been received. Inventory receipt advice includes information such as the purchase order number, item number, quantity received, and date received.
- Purchase Orders (850): Kroger uses purchase orders to communicate their orders to suppliers. Purchase orders include information such as the item number, quantity, unit price, and delivery date.
- Transportation Shipment Status Messages (852): Suppliers submit transportation shipment status messages to Kroger to keep them informed of the status of their shipments. Shipment status messages include information such as the current status of the shipment (e.g., in transit, delivered, etc.) and any estimated delivery dates.
- Purchase Order Acknowledgement/Confirmation (855): Vendors send Purchase Order Acknowledgments/Confirmations to Kroger to confirm receipt and acceptance of purchase orders. Purchase Order Acknowledgments/Confirmations include information such as the purchase order number, order date, and any changes or questions related to the order.
- Shipment Manifest (857): Suppliers use Shipment Manifests to provide Kroger with detailed information about the contents of their shipments. This information includes item descriptions, quantities, and packing information.
- Distribution Schedule (875): Kroger uses Distribution Schedules to inform suppliers of its planned delivery schedule for goods. This helps suppliers coordinate their production and shipping plans.
- Chargeback Request (879): Kroger uses Chargeback Requests to notify suppliers of charges that it believes are incorrect or unauthorized. Chargeback Requests include information about the disputed charges and the reason for the dispute.
- Shipment and Delivery Conformance (880): Suppliers use Shipment and Delivery Conformance documents to provide Kroger with confirmation that they have shipped goods in accordance with Kroger's requirements. Shipment and Delivery Conformance documents include information about the shipment date, carrier, tracking number, and items included in the shipment.
- Vendor Performance Report (894): Kroger uses Vendor Performance Reports to provide suppliers with feedback on their performance in areas such as on-time delivery, product quality, and order accuracy. Vendor Performance Reports help suppliers identify areas for improvement and make necessary changes to their processes.
In addition to the above transactions, Kroger may also request other EDI transactions from suppliers on a case-by-case basis.
Avoid Costly Chargebacks with Kroger
Some of the most common chargebacks that companies experience when doing business with Kroger include:
- EDI errors: Kroger has strict EDI requirements, and any errors in EDI transactions can lead to chargebacks. Common EDI errors include:
- Invalid data formats
- Missing or incomplete data
- Incorrect data
- Duplicate transactions
- Late shipments: Kroger requires suppliers to meet its shipping deadlines, and late shipments can also result in chargebacks. Late shipments can be caused by a variety of factors, such as:
- Production delays
- Shipping delays
- Incorrect shipping information
- Incorrect or incomplete data: All data submitted to Kroger must be accurate and complete, or the supplier may face chargebacks. Common examples of incorrect or incomplete data include:
- Incorrect product codes
- Incorrect pricing information
- Incorrect shipping information
- Missing product descriptions
- Product quality issues: Kroger expects its suppliers to provide high-quality products, and any product quality issues can lead to chargebacks. Common product quality issues include:
- Defective products
- Damaged products
- Expired products
- Pricing discrepancies: Kroger has strict pricing requirements, and any discrepancies between the agreed-upon price and the actual price charged can result in chargebacks.
How Cleo Integration Cloud Can Help Eliminate Chargebacks with Kroger
Cleo Integration Cloud can help companies eliminate chargebacks with Kroger by automating the exchange of EDI transactions and API interactions, validating all transactions and interactions before they are submitted, and providing real-time visibility into the status of transactions and interactions.
- Automation: Cleo Integration Cloud can automate the exchange of EDI transactions and API interactions with Kroger, eliminating the risk of human error.
- Validation: Cleo Integration Cloud can validate all transactions and interactions before they are submitted to Kroger, ensuring that they meet Kroger's strict requirements.
- Visibility: Cleo Integration Cloud provides businesses with real-time visibility into the status of their transactions and interactions, so that they can identify and resolve any issues quickly and efficiently.
By using Cleo Integration Cloud, companies can reduce the risk of chargebacks and improve their bottom line.
How API Integration Can Boost Your Business with Kroger
API integration can play a significant role in doing business with Kroger by providing a more efficient and flexible way to exchange data. Kroger offers a variety of APIs that businesses can use to automate tasks such as:
- Placing orders
- Receiving purchase orders
- Submitting shipping notifications
- Sending invoices
- Tracking shipments
- Managing inventory
- Updating product information
- Processing returns and exchanges
- Resolving customer issues
By integrating with Kroger's APIs, businesses can reduce their reliance on EDI, improve the efficiency and accuracy of their business processes, and gain a competitive edge.
Here are some specific examples of how API integration can benefit businesses that do business with Kroger:
- A logistics provider can integrate with Kroger's APIs to automate the process of placing and receiving purchase orders, submitting shipping notifications, and tracking shipments. This can help to reduce manual errors and improve the efficiency of the logistics process.
- A manufacturer can integrate with Kroger's APIs to automate the process of updating product information, such as pricing, availability, and specifications. This can help to ensure that Kroger's website and other systems have accurate product information at all times.
- A retailer can integrate with Kroger's APIs to automate the process of fulfilling orders placed on Kroger's website. This can help to improve the customer experience and reduce the amount of time that it takes to ship orders.
- A third-party seller can integrate with Kroger's APIs to manage their inventory, track sales, and process customer orders. This can help to streamline the selling process and improve profitability.
Overall, API integration can help businesses that do business with Kroger to improve their efficiency, accuracy, customer service, and profitability.
Achieve API Integration with Cleo Integration Cloud
Cleo Integration Cloud is a comprehensive API integration platform that can help businesses of all sizes to integrate with Kroger's APIs. Cleo Integration Cloud offers a variety of features and benefits, including:
- Pre-built connectors for Kroger's APIs: Cleo Integration Cloud offers pre-built connectors for Kroger's APIs, which makes it easy and quick to get started with API integration.
- A user-friendly interface: Cleo Integration Cloud has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to configure and manage API integrations.
- Robust security and compliance features: Cleo Integration Cloud offers robust security and compliance features to help businesses protect their data and meet industry regulations.
If you are a business that does business with Kroger, Cleo Integration Cloud can help you to integrate with Kroger's APIs and improve your efficiency, accuracy, customer service, and profitability.
Deliver on your commitments to Kroger with confidence
Automate integrations into your back-office application so that you can achieve compliance, eliminate chargebacks, gain EDI + API visibility, and accelerate time-to-value.
“We use Cleo Integration Cloud to manage all of our EDI,
which is the lifeblood of our supply chain operations.”