Easily connect to trading partners.
Reliably exchange data.
We applaud Cleo for their continued efforts in maintaining interoperable products for their customers.
Drummond Group, CEO
- Electronic Business using eXtensible Markup Language or ebXML was started in 1999
- OASIS and UN/CEFACT formed a joint committee to define the specification and continue oversight
- The Message Service Specification (ebMS) is a protocol-neutral communication extension built on SOAP (Web Services) in order to add metadata to the message payload
Compare ebMS and EDIINT
Industry mandates directing the use of one protocol or technology versus another often arise from the history of implementation, industry use, and market penetration. To illustrate, we’ll compare two communications protocols:
- ebMS and EDIINT (AS2 and AS3), offer advanced levels of security and reliability, are firewall friendly, and employ a peer-to-peer architecture
- ebMS retains the unique benefits of ebXML in the communications process, allowing companies using ebXML to utilize the intelligent headers
- ebMS allows for compliance with trading partners that mandate ebXML messages.
- ebMS can be deployed as part of a web services architecture or as part of the larger ebXML framework.