Read the guide below to learn about the EDI 943.
If you need to send or receive EDI 943s, contact our team of EDI experts today.
What is an EDI 943?
The EDI 943 Warehouse Stock Transfer Shipment Advice is an advance ship notice to a remote warehouse indicating the transfer shipment has been made from the manufacturer. EDI 943 is also utilized by manufacturers in order to authorize a warehouse to accept a return from a customer.
How to use an EDI 943?
The EDI 943 Warehouse Stock Transfer Shipment Advice is sent by the warehouse sending the material to the receiving warehouse. After the destination warehouse receives the EDI 943, an EDI 997 (Functional Acknowledgement) is sent back from the receiver to indicate that the EDI 943 was successfully received.
Example EDI 943 transaction exchange:
Because the EDI 943 is sent in response to an EDI 940, you can start to understand the traditional order for this data exchange.
Here is an example of where the EDI 943 fits in within the transaction series:
1. First, an EDI 940 Warehouse Shipping Oder is sent by a supplier to a 3PL provider to formally request shipment of goods from a remote warehouse to the supplier's (buyer's) location
2. The third-party logistics provider sends the EDI 943 as an advanced shipment notice to a remote warehouse, informing the supplier that a transfer shipment has been made from the manufacturer.
3. Finally, the series is completed after an EDI 945 Warehouse Shipping Advice transaction is sent to provide confirmation of a shipment. The EDI 945 informs the trading partner a shipment was made.
Common information in the EDI 943 transaction includes:
- Shipment date
- Manufacturer of goods
- Receiving warehouse ID and location
- Carrier information
- Order information including item numbers, total quantity, etc.
EDI 943 Transaction in Cleo Integration Cloud
EDI 943 Specification
This X12 Transaction Set contains the format and establishes the data contents of the Warehouse Stock Transfer Shipment Advice Transaction Set (943) for use within the context of an Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) environment. The transaction set can be used by a depositor or an agent of the depositor to advise the recipient that a transfer shipment has been made. This transaction set provides a receiving location with detail information concerning product being shipped to that location.
Accredited Standards Committee X12. ASC X12 Standard [Table Data]. Data Interchange Standards Association, Inc., Falls Church, VA. https://x12.org/index.php/products/transaction-sets
Automate EDI / API Transactions
Eliminate manual integration flows by automating and orchestrating EDI and API-based transactions in an intuitive self-service, low-code development environment.
Not ready for self-service? Leverage Cleo’s Managed Services team to get you up and running.
Keep a list of all X12 EDI transaction sets at hand.
Access a free EDI Transaction Set Guide
More EDI Resources
Explore additional EDI resources to deepen your understanding and enhance your proficiency in Electronic Data Interchange.
- 3 Ways to Become EDI Compliant & Eliminate EDI Chargebacks
Many major companies have requirements for EDI trading partner setup and maintenance, both of which are important in keeping compliant...
Read the Blog
- EDI Visibility & Business Insights
23% of companies say visibility is one of their biggest integration challenges. Let's analyze this issue and unleash a powerful solution...
- EDI Integration in Action
Explore a curated list of videos to help you understand the unprecedented value of EDI integration...