EDI 210 - Motor Carrier Freight Details and Invoice
The EDI 210 Transaction Set: Motor Carrier Freight Details and Invoice replaces a paper invoice and is used by commercial truckers and other carriers of freight
If you need to send or receive EDI 850s, contact our team of EDI experts today.
EDI 210: Motor Carrier Details and Invoice
What is a 210 - Motor Carrier Freight Details and Invoice document?
EDI 210 is the Motor Carrier Freight Details and Invoice transaction set, which replaces a paper invoice and is used by commercial truckers and other freight carriers. It is most often sent from the carrier to a shipper, consignee, or third-party payment center for payment of freight charges.
How is a 210 - Motor Carrier Freight Details and Invoice used?
The 210 Motor Carrier Freight Details and Invoice is transmitted to the transportation provider by the shipper. After the 210 is received, a 997 Functional Acknowledgement is sent back from the transportation provider indicating that the Motor Carrier Freight Details and Invoice were successfully received.
Example EDI 210 transaction exchange:
Because the EDI 210 serves as an electronic invoice for carriers, it is often the last transaction sent in a load-tender-to-invoice process.
Here is an example of where the EDI 210 fits in within the transaction series:
- First, an EDI 204 Motor Carrier Load Tender tenders an offer for a shipment to a carrier
- The carrier responds with an EDI 990 Response to a Load Tender transaction set, indicating whether it accepts or declines the offer to tender a shipment
- If the tender is accepted by the carrier, the carrier will then send an EDI 214 Shipment Status Report to inform the shipper of pick-up and delivery information.
- Finally, an EDI 210 Motor Carrier Freight Details and Invoice is sent by the carrier to the shipper or consignee to request payment for freight charges.
EDI 210 Format
Common information in the EDI 210 transaction includes:
Invoice date and assigned number
Oder information detail including items, quantities, and weights
Method of shipment
Shipper name and address information
Carrier name and information
Here is an EDI 210 Transaction within Cleo Integration Cloud
EDI 210 Specification
This X12 Transaction Set contains the format and establishes the data contents of the Motor Carrier Freight Details and Invoice Transaction Set (210) for use within the context of an Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) environment. The transaction set can be used to provide detailed information for charges for services rendered by a motor carrier. It is used both as a motor carrier invoice to request payment or as information details pertaining to motor freight shipment(s) charges.
Accredited Standards Committee X12. ASC X12 Standard [Table Data]. Data Interchange Standards Association, Inc., Falls Church, VA. https://x12.org/index.php/products/transaction-sets
Modern EDI Services with Cleo
Choose the EDI Services package that best fits your business:
1. Create and deploy your own integrations using Cleo's intuitive, self-service design platform.
2. Utilize Cleo's EDI managed services team to design and build your integrations.
3. Blend our EDI expertise and your business knowledge together in any manner that suits your use case.