Connect to Walmart seamlessly and efficiently with Cleo
Cleo's cloud-based integration platform makes it easy to connect to Walmart and other trading partners, regardless of their size or technical capabilities. We provide everything you need to get started, including a web-based translator, network services, and support.
✓ Automate your order-to-cash and procure-to-pay processes
✓ Gain real-time visibility into your inventory and shipments
✓ Reduce errors and improve data accuracy
✓ Cut your total cost of ownership
Effortlessly integrate your back-office systems with Walmart
Cleo offers pre-built connectors to leading ERP, TMS, and WMS systems, making it easy to connect your back-end systems to Walmart.
Creating complete, end-to-end B2B integration flows to any back-office system will streamline your operations and help you to better manage your orders, inventory, and shipments.
Learn about popular connectors:
Why Companies Trust Cleo with their Walmart Connection
Leverage Cleo’s robust trading partner network, extensive support, and countless connection options with a leading integration platform
Achieve EDI compliance, no expertise required
Attain EDI compliance for all orders and supporting documents for every trading partner.
Accelerate onboarding and time-to-value
Onboard new business partners faster with pre-built integrations, connectors, and recyclable templates.
Eliminate EDI order chargebacks and fines
End-to-end visibility for your transactions and integrations gives you control over every issue.
Gain real-time visibility and fast error resolution
Resolve B2B transaction errors before they become business problems.
We Support All Common EDI Documents for Walmart Including:
- Invoices (810): Suppliers submit invoices to Walmart to request payment for goods that have been shipped. Invoices must include information such as the purchase order number, item number, quantity, and unit price.
- Credit/Debit Adjustments (812): Walmart and its suppliers use Credit/Debit Adjustments to communicate changes to previously transmitted invoices or purchase orders. These adjustments can be due to pricing errors, quantity discrepancies, returns, or other reasons.
- Organizational Relationship (816): Walmart uses Organizational Relationship documents to establish and maintain relationships with its trading partners. This includes information such as the trading partner's name, address, contact information, and relationship type (e.g., supplier, customer, warehouse).
- Payment Order/Remittance Advice (820): Walmart uses Payment Order/Remittance Advises to electronically transfer payment to its suppliers for goods and services received. These documents include information such as the invoice number, payment amount, payment date, and any deductions or discounts applied.
- Application Advice (824): Suppliers use Application Advises to inform Walmart which invoices they have applied payments to. This helps Walmart reconcile its accounts receivable and ensure that payments are accurately applied to the correct invoices.
- Inventory Inquiry Specifications (846): Walmart uses Inventory Inquiry Specifications to request real-time inventory information from its suppliers. This information can include item availability, on-hand quantities, and expected lead times.
- Purchase Orders (850): Walmart uses purchase orders to communicate their orders to suppliers. Purchase orders include information such as the item number, quantity, unit price, and delivery date.
- Transportation Shipment Status Messages (852): Suppliers submit transportation shipment status messages to Walmart to keep them informed of the status of their shipments. Shipment status messages include information such as the current status of the shipment (e.g., in transit, delivered, etc.) and any estimated delivery dates.
- Product Activity Data (855): Suppliers use Product Activity Data to provide Walmart with detailed information about product sales, inventory levels, and trends. This data helps Walmart optimize its inventory management and make informed decisions about product assortment and pricing.
- Advance Ship Notices (856): Suppliers submit advance ship notices to Walmart to notify them of upcoming shipments. Advance ship notices include information such as the shipment date, carrier, tracking number, and items included in the shipment.
- Purchase Order Change/Cancel (860): Walmart and its suppliers use Purchase Order Change/Cancel documents to modify or cancel existing purchase orders. These changes may be due to product availability issues, pricing adjustments, or changes in Walmart's requirements.
- Text Message (864): Walmart uses Text Messages to communicate with its suppliers in real time about urgent issues or notifications that require immediate attention. Text Messages are typically used for critical information that cannot be effectively conveyed through traditional EDI transactions.
In addition to the above transactions, Walmart may also request other EDI transactions from suppliers on a case-by-case basis.
Avoid Costly Chargebacks with Walmart
Some of the most common chargebacks that companies experience when doing business with Walmart include:
- On-Time In-Full (OTIF) chargebacks: Walmart requires suppliers to meet its OTIF requirements, which are strict deadlines for shipping and delivering orders. If a supplier misses an OTIF deadline, they may be charged a fee.
- Product quality chargebacks: Walmart expects its suppliers to provide high-quality products. If Walmart receives customer complaints about a product's quality, they may charge the supplier a fee.
- EDI errors: Walmart has strict EDI requirements, and any errors in EDI transactions can lead to chargebacks. Common EDI errors include invalid data formats, missing or incomplete data, incorrect data, and duplicate transactions.
- Late shipments: Walmart requires suppliers to meet its shipping deadlines. If a shipment is late, Walmart may charge the supplier a fee.
- Incorrect or incomplete data: All data submitted to Walmart must be accurate and complete. If Walmart finds any errors in the data, they may charge the supplier a fee.
How Cleo Integration Cloud Can Help Eliminate Chargebacks with Walmart
Cleo Integration Cloud can help companies eliminate chargebacks with Walmart by automating the exchange of EDI transactions and API interactions, validating all transactions and interactions before they are submitted, and providing real-time visibility into the status of transactions and interactions.
- Automation: Cleo Integration Cloud can automate the exchange of EDI transactions and API interactions with Walmart, eliminating the risk of human error.
- Validation: Cleo Integration Cloud can validate all transactions and interactions before they are submitted to Walmart, ensuring that they meet Walmart's strict requirements.
- Visibility: Cleo Integration Cloud provides businesses with real-time visibility into the status of their transactions and interactions, so that they can identify and resolve any issues quickly and efficiently.
By using Cleo Integration Cloud, companies can reduce the risk of chargebacks and improve their bottom line.
How API Integration Can Boost Your Business with Walmart
API integration can play a significant role in doing business with Walmart by providing a more efficient and flexible way to exchange data. Walmart offers a variety of APIs that businesses can use to automate tasks such as:
- Placing orders
- Receiving purchase orders
- Submitting shipping notifications
- Sending invoices
- Tracking shipments
- Managing inventory
- Updating product information
- Processing returns and exchanges
- Resolving customer issues
By integrating with Walmart's APIs, businesses can reduce their reliance on EDI, improve the efficiency and accuracy of their business processes, and gain a competitive edge.
Here are some specific examples of how API integration can benefit businesses that do business with Walmart:
- A logistics provider can integrate with Walmart's APIs to automate the process of placing and receiving purchase orders, submitting shipping notifications, and tracking shipments. This can help to reduce manual errors and improve the efficiency of the logistics process.
- A manufacturer can integrate with Walmart's APIs to automate the process of updating product information, such as pricing, availability, and specifications. This can help to ensure that Walmart's website and other systems have accurate product information at all times.
- A retailer can integrate with Walmart's APIs to automate the process of fulfilling orders placed on Walmart's website. This can help to improve the customer experience and reduce the amount of time that it takes to ship orders.
- A third-party seller can integrate with Walmart's APIs to manage their inventory, track sales, and process customer orders. This can help to streamline the selling process and improve profitability.
Overall, API integration can help businesses that do business with Walmart to improve their efficiency, accuracy, customer service, and profitability.
Achieve API Integration with Cleo Integration Cloud
Cleo Integration Cloud is a comprehensive API integration platform that can help businesses of all sizes to integrate with Walmart's APIs. Cleo Integration Cloud offers a variety of features and benefits, including:
- Pre-built connectors for Walmart's APIs: Cleo Integration Cloud offers pre-built connectors for Walmart's APIs, which makes it easy and quick to get started with API integration.
- A user-friendly interface: Cleo Integration Cloud has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to configure and manage API integrations.
- Robust security and compliance features: Cleo Integration Cloud offers robust security and compliance features to help businesses protect their data and meet industry regulations.
If you are a business that does business with Walmart, Cleo Integration Cloud can help you to integrate with Walmart's APIs and improve your efficiency, accuracy, customer service, and profitability.
Deliver on your commitments to Walmart with confidence
Automate integrations into your back-office application so that you can achieve compliance, eliminate chargebacks, gain EDI + API visibility, and accelerate time-to-value.
“We use Cleo Integration Cloud to manage all of our EDI,
which is the lifeblood of our supply chain operations.”