Integrate your Salesforce CRM and SAP ERP
Businesses embracing both a Salesforce CRM to manage front-end information about their customers and an SAP ERP on the back end have a unique advantage in managing and tracking customer relationships. Organizations that integrate the two, however, gain added business function through enhanced productivity and insights that create new value. A Salesforce-SAP integration using Cleo Integration Cloud provides the connectivity and visibility to streamline business processes and improve your customer interactions.
Frictionless Salesforce-SAP integration
Sharing information between your front-end CRM solution like Salesforce and a back-end ERP solution like SAP provides added value for an organization. With Cleo Integration Cloud’s Salesforce-SAP integration, you can sync data between your SAP application and Salesforce CRM and leverage comprehensive customer views that drive new revenue models.
Fully integrated solution
Using the Cleo Integration Cloud platform as the integration layer, you can connect to the SAP API and pull data from your ERP and integrate it with into your Salesforce CRM – or vice versa – to ensure visibility and data synchronization between front-end and back-end systems.
- Quickly integrate SAP with Salesforce via an intuitive developer experience
- Bootstrap your integration skill set with Cleo Services to hit the ground running
- Define, configure, and automate revenue-driving order management processes
- Streamline order-to-cash, procure to pay, and more to reduce errors, and enhance reliability
- Ensure data integrity between Salesforce, cloud and on-premise applications, databases, and file systems to your SAP ERP
Discover everything you can do with Cleo Integration Cloud.
- Seamlessly integrate your SAP ERP and Salesforce CRM
- Eliminate manual integration processes
- Reduce custom coding and leverage APIs
- Verify and transform your data
- Connect these and other application data flows to your EDI system
- Sync eCommerce data to your back-end systems
- Securely hand off data to enterprise applications and systems for storage and analysis
- Drive business intelligence and optimize operational outcomes
Connected systems are key to delivering a comprehensive view of business workflows, those that require multiple technology interventions & drive revenue.
Whether you decide to develop integration capabilities in-house or are considering a vendor solution, it’s helpful to have a starter list of requirements.