Which Secure Managed File Transfer Protocol is Right for You?
Protocol flexibility becomes increasingly important as your network of trading partners and customers grows. Protocols enable file transfers by outlining a standard procedure for regulating the data exchange between businesses. Depending on your business needs and trading partner requirements, one or many protocols may be appropriate for you.
- AS2: Applicability Statement 2
- AS3: Applicability Statement 3
- ebMS 2.0: ebXML Messaging Service
- FTP/FTPs: File Transfer Protocol/Secure or FTP over SSL
- SSH FTP: Secure Shell File Transfer Protocol (Secure FTP)
- HTTP/HTTPs: Hypertext Transfer Protocol/Secure or HTTP over SSL
- MLLP: Minimal Lower Layer Protocol
- OFTP/OFTP2: Odette File Transfer Protocol/2
- RNIF: RosettaNet Implementation Framework
- SMTP/SMTPs: Simple Mail Transfer Protocol/Secure or SMTP over SSL
- WS: Web Services
- Cleo Jetsonic™: Cleo’s High-Speed File Transfer Solution
- fasp™: Aspera Software’s High-Speed File Transfer Protocol
- IBM: IBM® WebSphere® MQ
At the core of evolving protocols is the expectation for heightened security around the data being transferred. The functional elements of protocol security include privacy, authentication, integrity, non-repudiation. Understanding your current and future file transfer needs will help you to select the best protocols for standardization and security. Top considerations include file size, volume, frequency, and the associated protocol functionality required. For more information on protocol security, standards, and considerations, view the Protocol Comparison Guide.