- AS/400 (with secondary Windows-based computer to run the user interface)
- It may be necessary to upgrade to the current version of Cleo LexiCom to run on the listed Operating Systems.
- Although Cleo LexiCom may successfully install and run on other Unix versions not listed above, the behavior in these environments cannot be predicted. Therefore, Cleo cannot officially support other platforms than those listed.
- If you wish to operate Cleo LexiCom on a platform outside this list, contact Cleo Sales for a consulting services quote.
Supported Virtual Environments
- VMware (vSphere Hypervisor) ESX/ESXi
- Microsoft Hyper-V
Note: Must be running on Virtual aware hardware. The minimum recommended hardware (above) is a minimum requirement for each virtual environment running VersaLex.
Java Runtime Environment
Cleo LexiCom currently ships with JRE 1.6. Cleo bundles the JRE in its installer and product, so the version of the JRE will not affect other products installed on the same computer.
- On Windows, display properties must be set for more than 16 colors.
- On Windows, LexiCom can be installed as a Windows service. However, by default, Windows services run under a local system account and do not see mapped network drives. If you must access a network drive through LexiCom, then you will have to use full network path names (UNC paths) instead of mapped network drives. Also, the network share permissions should be reviewed.
- A physical Graphical User Interface (GUI) is required unless utilizing the optional Cleo Web-based GUI.
Web UI Requirements (Optional Add-on Feature)
- Internet Explorer version 7, 8, and 9, Firefox version 24 or above and the latest version of Chrome
- Minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768 is highly recommended.
- On Unix, a third-party Xvfb (X virtual framebuffer) application may be required.
- Note: Web-based GUI is not supported on AS/400.
AS/400 Network Access Requirements (Optional Add-on Feature)
LexiCom can integrate with AS/400 file system shares, both IFS and NFS. The following AS/400 OS versions are supported.
Cleo LexiCom and Firewall/Proxy Server Compatibility
As a general guideline, LexiCom is compatible with Application Proxy Servers and Packet Filtering Firewalls with the following requirements: Firewall Requirements